Updated March 22, 2022
America Talks is facilitated by Listen First Project (“Listen First”, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization) and AllSides LLC (“AllSides”). Listen First and AllSides (“we”, “our” or “us”) are co-creators of America Talks with various media partners, collectively referred to as partner organizations (“partners”). Data collected by us in order to facilitate this event is subject to our privacy policies.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR THIS EVENT
Information Required for Participation
Information you May Voluntarily Provide
Any information you choose to provide after registration is fully optional.
We gather information through voluntary questionnaires, surveys and feedback programs. This may include demographic information, views and opinions, phone numbers, testimonials, and other information you choose to share.
You may choose to provide information to America Talks organizers or partner organizations when you contact us to request information or support.
Information Collected Automatically
Information Collected from Other Sources
To the extent permitted by data protection laws, we may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, Google Analytics, Kazm, partner organizations, referring websites, and social networking sites.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use the information you have allowed us to collect to deliver information about the products and services you request and customize your experience with us, to administer your account, and to provide information based on your interests. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, new content, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and service requests;
- Analyze the success of America Talks and related services;
- Better understand the needs and interest of our users;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and offers provided by Listen First, AllSides, and our partners;
- Offer news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with America Talks and related services;
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Listen First, AllSides and others;
- Personalize and improve our services; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected based on your consent.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Only individuals over 18 years of age and residing in the U.S. may sign up to participate in America Talks. What happens with your meeting is solely your responsibility. America Talks will provide you with conversation guidelines, but it cannot assume liability for the course the discussion takes or its outcome.
Note that any targeted, specific and harmful action or communication that is carried out to make any participant feel threatened, on individual grounds or based on social or personal characteristics, will not be tolerated. During the registration phase, any participant exhibiting such behavior in their participant profile will be flagged and removed from the registration and matching process.
Event organizers are not responsible for the content of participants’ conversations, but a reporting mechanism will be provided in the recommended conversation platform that allows any participant to report their discussion partner(s) for unacceptable behavior. Reported participants may be excluded from further communication regarding the event.
You have the right to obtain information about the stored personal data concerning you at any time. You also have the right to transfer, correct or delete your personal data and to limit the processing of your data. You can also object to the processing of your data at any time. For details, please refer to the Listen First and AllSides privacy policies.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) NOTICE AT COLLECTION
Under the CCPA, California consumers may be entitled to certain notices and disclosures regarding the collection and use of their Personal Information. This section is intended to provide the Notice at Collection required under the CCPA.
Your Personal Information
Sales of Personal Information
In the context of facilitating America Talks, for purposes of the CCPA, we do not “sell” personal information, nor do we have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information:
- Right to access personal information: You may request access to the categories and specific pieces of your personal information we hold.
- Right to rectification: You may request correction of any inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date personal information we hold on you.
- Right to data portability: You may receive your personal information, when provided electronically, in a readily-useable format.
- Right to deletion: You can ask us to delete your personal information we have collected.
- Right to disclosure: You can receive additional information regarding the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information, the purposes for which we collect and share your personal information, the information of your we hold, and the categories of parties with whom we share your information.
- Right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information: You can request limitations on the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information at any time.
- Right to be free from discrimination: You may freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
You can contact Listen First by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to Listen First, 515 S Mangum St, #5164, Durham, NC 27701.
You can contact AllSides by emailing email@example.com or by sending a letter to AllSides LLC, 3245 Geary Blvd #590751, San Francisco CA 94118.